Your home is considered to be the most secure place to live on Earth. Then again have you ever imagined what would it be like, if certain external conditions damage your house? For instance you may have acquired your dream home, for example, a beautiful house in The Hamptons, which you decided to decorate yourself. What if due to carelessness or negligence, a fire breaks out at your place? This is an article that will assist you to handle such circumstances.
1) In most cases, a house fire is caused by an electrical short circuit. So, it is essential to get electric cables, sockets and switchboards inspected on a regular basis. Particularly, during the monsoon season when it’s pouring outside, it is important to keep an eye and avoid contact with the switches with wet hands.
2) Getting a smoke alarm installed is another good idea. As high-end smoke sensors can now be connected to your smartphone. So, anytime smoke is detected, you will be notified to control the situation.
3) Always keep an accessible fire extinguisher in your home as it is the right equipment to fight with fire. Make sure it is positioned at the corner and can be used conveniently at the time of an emergency. Also remember to service the fire extinguisher regularly.
4) You should be aware about all the emergency exits of the residential building you’re living in. Locating these exits and letting your family members know about it is really important. One thing to note here is that, you should never access an elevator when the fire has broken out, it is always advisable to take the stairs to evacuate the premises.
5) Make sure to place burners and LPG cooking stoves on an elevated non-flammable cooking station as it will not ignite, burn or aid combustion. Ensure that your children are kept away from the kitchen. In case the LPG cylinder is leaky, you should immediately call professionals for help and assistance.
6) Avoid putting flammable substances near any kind of ignition sources and always be sure to keep them in a safe and well-ventilated area.
7) Be sure to leave the site right away and raise an alarm. Promptly call for assistance and make sure that not only your loved ones, but also your neighbors of the residential building evacuate the area as quickly as possible.
So there you have it folks, these were some of the basic safety measures important enough to keep in mind during a fire break out for home owners. However, the newly constructed houses nowadays by most of the notable developers are properly supplied to fight such emergency issues. With these necessary measures implemented and friendly designs of residential projects, homes are nicely taken care of. Nevertheless, it is your duty to check the house or apartment building you’re living in and find out whether it is supplied with the right firefighting gear or not, to handle such a crisis situation before you move in to your dream home.