Your home is considered to be the most secure place to live on planet Earth.
You consider it as your safe heaven. It gives you peace of mind and body after a hard day at work. Have you ever imagined what would it be like, if certain external conditions end up damaging your house?
For instance you may have acquired your dream home, lets say, a beautiful house in The Hamptons, which you decided to nourish and decorate yourself. What if due to carelessness or negligence, a fire breaks out at your place?
It could end up burning all the hopes and dreams associated with that house.
This article is aimed at assisting you in handling such circumstances.
Let’s take a look at some of the key factors to help you in fire hazard situations.
1) In most cases, a house fire is caused by an electrical short circuit. So, it is essential to get your electric cables, sockets and switchboards inspected on a regular basis. Particularly, during the monsoon season when it’s pouring outside, it is important to keep an eye out and avoid contact with any electrical switches with wet hands.
2) Getting a smoke alarm installed is another good idea. A blessing of the modern era is that the high-end smoke sensors can now be connected to your smartphone. So, anytime smoke is detected, you will be notified on your device to control the situation in the most effective way.
3) Always keep a fire extinguisher in your home at an accessible place as it is a necessary tool to help you fight with fire. Make sure it is positioned at easy access points and can be used conveniently at the time of an emergency. Also remember to service and check the workability of the fire extinguisher regularly.
4) You should be aware about all the emergency exits of the residential building you’re living in. Locating these exits and letting your family members know about them is really important. One thing to note here is that, you should never access an elevator in the building in case of a fire breakout, it is always advisable to take the stairs to evacuate the premises.
5) Make sure to place burners and LPG cooking stoves on an elevated non-flammable cooking station as it will not ignite, burn or aid combustion. Ensure that your children are kept away from the kitchen. In case the LPG cylinder leaks, you should immediately call professionals for help and assistance, and avoid using any flammable substance for the duration.
6) Avoid putting flammable substances near any kind of ignite able sources and always be sure to keep them in a safe and well-ventilated area.
7) Be sure to leave the site right away and raise an alarm. Promptly call for assistance and make sure that not only your loved ones, but also your neighbors of the residential building evacuate the area as quickly as possible.
So there you have it folks, these were some of the basic safety measures which are very important to keep in mind during a fire break out especially for home owners. Gladly, the newly constructed houses nowadays by most of the notable developers are properly equipped to fight such emergency issues.
With these necessary measures implemented and the customer friendly designs of residential projects, homes are nicely taken care of.
One of the best systems installed these days is Vivint Security System which takes care of all your risks and security problems.
Nevertheless, it is your duty to check the house or apartment building you’re living in and find out whether it is supplied with the right firefighting gear or not, to handle such a critical situation. Better safe than sorry is the best code to live by in order to have a safer house and neighborhood.