It is to be noted that smoke alarms in the US have become a necessity since they have proven to be extremely effective in preventing fatalities related to an outburst of fire, around 60%. Nearly thirteen out of every fourteen homes in the US have smoke alarms installed, as smoke alarms are often considered as the most effective and easiest method to ensure one’s protection of family members and valuable items.
In this post, we are going to discuss and inform you about the best smoke alarms that are available to the general public and from which they can benefit by hindering unfortunate events which may occur in any home related to an outburst of fire in a residential setting. So without any further a due let’s get right into them:
Nest Labs, a renowned company for offering Wi-Fi-enabled security systems and smoke alarms offers you their state-of-the-art smoke and carbon monoxide detector. The company was founded in 2010 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. Nest Protect offers you much more than a regular smoke alarm, and it is the time people should understand that their expectations should be met fully. The device comes with an industrial-grade smoke sensor which can last up to a decade. Working fundamentally as an IoT, all Nest Protect within your house are interconnected with each other. Features included are:
- Connected to Wi-Fi, it can send you an alert message or inform you when the battery is low.
- It has the ability to detect CO (Carbon Monoxide) potentially dangerous gas which is invisible to the naked eye and is odorless.
- It informs the homeowners regarding its batteries for the rest of the night before tenants go to sleep.
It comes with both battery and hardwires power supply options.
Referring themselves as the number 1 brand in America for home security, First Link Inc. is headquartered in Aurora, IL. Their latest smoke detector Onelink offers you a peace of mind which no other device can. Connected to Wi-Fi, the device offers you 24/7 protection by being connected around the clock. The installation process is one of the simplest in the available market, features included are:
- Carbon monoxide detection, humidity readings, and room temperature measurements.
- Quick and consistent response to dangerous and hazardous situations.
- Push notifications and in-app silencing options.
- Sealed battery for lifetime protection of the alarm for 10 years.
- Ability to connect other devices through Bluetooth.
- Voice alarm reveals where the threat is and what is it.
A photoelectric alarm that is compatible with your Apple devices.
Kidde offers you a wide range of various types of smoke alarms. We advise that you opt for the wireless inter-connectable one since it offers you the greatest features and though the price may seem on the heavier side, the alarm itself is an absolute marvel. The device offers you:
- Battery operated offering a dual sensor for both smoke and carbon monoxide detection.
- Voice alarm informs you where the danger is and what it is.
- One of the most top rated devices by consumers, available in the market.
- Since it is wireless, it can also be connected with other devices within your house.
- Informs owner regarding a low battery.
- LED indicators and testing mode.
- Three AA batteries which are included with the device.
It is a valid point to mention here to many of our readers that smoke alarms do not operate as a fire alarm would. Fire alarms are equipped with heat sensors and they also have sprinklers with them, and they can also alert the authorities to immediately come to your aid. Smoke detectors or alarms are mostly used within homes to alert the tenants so that they can take immediate remedial action.
It is however strongly advisable that before choosing to install a particular smoke alarm for your own home, you make sure of the following:
- The device should offer you an easy installation or setup. Battery operated smoke alarms are much easier to install than hardwired ones.
- The device should offer you a testing mechanism to ensure that it is working properly.
- Your smoke alarm units should be able to have a reasonable battery backup.
- Silence feature is a plus because no one wants noise pollution disturbing the neighborhood.
- Expected warranty should be anywhere around five to ten years but not less than that.
- Packages and deals from established sellers offer around four to six smoke detectors.
- Inter-connectivity is a bonus as it means that all your devices respond to each other for better protection.
We hope this post has been helpful in providing you with suitable information in order to aid you in making an informed decision regarding the purchase of smoke alarms for the protection of your loved ones and your homes.