In the modern world, the idea of a perfect home is based on a number of key elements.
The most important element among these is that of home security.
It has become a substantial need for residential areas across the entire globe, as not only does it offer you a sanctuary for your most prized possessions, it also talks about the lifestyle you prefer.
However, the main idea of installing a security system for your home is to combine comfort and a sense of protection which every homeowner deserves these days.
Due to the ever increasing divide between various income groups, crime rates are rising rapidly across the world. This has made reliable security systems a necessity for old and new homeowners globally.
Here are some important statistics which support our claim:
- According to FBI’s official list of 2015, there were an estimated 327,374 robberies in the US resulting in an estimated $390 million in losses. Property crimes resulted in losses estimated at $14.3 billion. This number is rapidly increasing every year.
- According to My Alarm Center, 81% of all intrusions into a home by outsiders is through the first floor.
- Only 17% of all homes in the US currently have a security system installed.
- According to My Alarm Center, the market for home security and automation is estimated to grow to $36 million by the end of 2017.
- Homes without security systems are almost 300 percent more vulnerable to break-ins as per the international statistics.
- A burglary can cost a person major financial damages which are often far higher than what a home security system will cost you over a span of years, (this cost doesn’t include the mental torture and turmoil caused by the occurrence of such an incident in the first place).
Professional Installation vs DIY Security Systems
The myth about ‘expensive’ wireless security systems doesn’t have much truth to it, you know.
Yes, it might cost you around $500 i.e. if you get a guy to do it for you … but have you ever considered doing it yourself?
I know you probably tried and did accomplish something from that old YouTube tutorial.
I won’t lie, yes, it can be easy to install a few security features and think you’re safe but sadly you’re not.
There are a number of home security features and bundles which are somewhat complex to do ourselves.
They require someone with great knowledge alongside proper training and aptitude for their setups. You might slack off and not know some of the main trigger points your house needs to be monitored from but someone from the outside would actually be able to see how and why your place could even be a potential target.
At times, we don’t see something to be as precious as the robber might.
So, yes, I’d recommend that rather than being the jack of all trades it’s better to call in a master. It won’t only save you from exhaustion but also stop you from wasting money on petty things.
Sometimes, we just don’t have all the gadgets those people already have, do we?
Just imagine how much we give out while thinking we are saving a few bucks by buying things we only need to use once.
Major Benefits of a Pro Installation
Being a professional means they know the ins and outs of various scenarios where a burglar may want to invade your peaceful abode. The installations are carried out in accordance to that data. This also translates to the fact that professional installers also offer owners some added value features which makes the overall package much more interesting. Here are some of them:
- A control panel which can either be hardwired or wireless based upon the homeowner’s recommendations, and are supported by Android apps, LED displays, and full-color touchscreens.
- Monitoring through a cellular device, since a system can offer a strong radio network to connect with cell phones, this allows for remote access to your system on the go and convenient configurations in case of emergencies.
- Usually, it is the parameter of the house which is initially secured. This makes it a job for entry sensors which help in protecting your house from intrusions from various exits points including windows and doors.
- Motion detectors also could be stretched for hundreds of feet and work on infrared technology, whilst some of them are even pet-friendly.
- Glass break sensors are specifically sensitive to sound triggered by breaking of glass and resulting sound waves. A professional can help you in putting them in the right places.
- Panic buttons are another add-on that can be attached to the walls of your bedroom shower, in a secret spot within your bedroom or anywhere else you see fit.
- Mobile access is one the most favorable features by homeowners as it offers them a utility in monitoring their home security system through the web and mobile apps.
- Majority of home security is accompanied with a main control switch that grants you authorized access to your system.
- Home automation is another aspect that professional installations of security systems may offer. This makes you able to access a range of settings for thermostat, lighting, customized commands, alarm systems, and much more.
The one major catch to a professional installation of home security is that some of the companies might charge you for the services. Nevertheless, the safety of your homes should always be a priority.
Your safety and that of your loved ones is the most important factor eventually. Feel free to comment below which method you think should be opted for home security system installation and why.
Have a safe week ahead!