We all love our homes, don’t we?
Owning a house gives us a strong sense of belonging and happiness. The world around us has changed manifolds in the past few decades. Technological development has helped mankind in controlling the environment and hone it according to its will.
Development in every field has produced significant results.
One of the fields that have benefited majorly from advancing technology is that of the home security systems.
There has been progress in leaps and bounds all attributed to the improved communication and programmable systems that offer you a lot of convenience, especially when it comes to monitoring and controlling your residential premises.
The latest home security offerings include wireless home automation which offers you a lot of benefits and maneuverability when it comes to customizing and selecting specific actions related to different locations within your home.
How Does Home Automation System Work?
A wireless security system is generally based upon three major constituent elements or equipment for that matter namely:
- Alarms & Sensors– these devices are usually attachable and movable along the length of the house. You can install or simply place them around your living quarters or seek professional help to optimize their functionality regarding their placement. The main task of alarms and sensors is to detect any type of intrusion caused by a trespasser or a dangerous event occurring at the time.
- Main Control Panel – usually provided along with the security system, the control panel gives you access to all the available features of your security devices and the various functions which they perform for you. The control panel is popularly a touchscreen pad just like a cellular device and is movable. Some designs, however, install the control panel as a stationary equipment attached to a wall, which is immovable in nature.
- Monitoring Station – this is the headquarters which keeps a strict and stringent outlook for any harmful events. You can say it operates like a watchtower and keep sure that available help is on standby whenever the need for it arises to act. The station tower can also make SOS calls, call the police, firefighters, and support whenever a distress call is sent to it.
The most important aspect here is to understand how the device and the components operate. All devices, as well as the control panel (if it is movable), operate on batteries that is why they are movable and don’t need circuit boards to operate them.
The devices and the control panel establish a proprietary radio frequency to stay connected with each other at all times.
This means that they do not cause any type of interference with any of your other wireless operated gadgets or equipment within the house.
It is important to note over here that the control panel and the monitoring station are connected through a cellular module built within the control panel and use a cellular network to communicate with each other.
The Benefits of Using a Wireless Home Security System!
Here are some of the benefits of having a wireless home security system installed at your place:
- First and foremost a wireless system operates without wires so it offers you a major comfort. It means lesser wires and even less of a hassle for you and your loved ones. The wireless system is easier to operate and teach as well so even your children can operate them with ease after a tutorial. You can finally move along the house just the way you want without even bothering about the cable wires tarnishing the beauty or getting mingled in someone’s feet.
- The main feature of wireless security is to provide you with instant access and alerts through a fast and reliable network of devices, spread across your home. This means there is very little lag time and precautionary measures can be taken without delays whenever a threat is detected. Plus if your control panel is a handheld device then you can also monitor and control your house on the go.
- Amongst its most popular features is home automation which offers you convenience beyond the boundaries of what was previously considered incomprehensible. Now you can lock your doors, switch the lights, turn up the thermostat and control various other features like weather alerts, thus, making sure that hospitality within your home is a priority without putting much effort into it.
- You save a lot of money on a wireless system as there are much lesser cables involved in the overall operation and functionality. Lesser cables result in lower costs and higher efficiency.
- Once your home has been secured through corrective measures of installing a home security system, the home insurance companies often offer a special reward in the form of a nice little discount. This amounts to saving a number of bucks every month. This can translate to as much as 20% saving on your monthly home insurance bill and in some cases even more than that.
- Lastly many devices nowadays also provide you with notifications regarding the current status of their batteries and equipment. So if a device requires charging or replacement of batteries, then the device offers you alerts and notification regarding those statistics. This ensures that no matter what happens you are always ahead of time and that the service never runs out on you.
We truly hope that this post was successful in providing you useful information regarding how to keep your homes safe(r) through the use of wireless home security. We believe that property crime is a menace to the society and through collective support and effort as an informed community, we can work together to make our homes better, and safer places to live for us and our loved ones.